Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A new beginning

I'm trying my hand at blogging again.  The first attempt when the twins (now 3 years old) were little, failed after a few weeks.  Imagine this, I got too busy!  So now, with not just twins, but also an almost-5 year old and a 5 WEEK old, I strike again.

I admit that I click on my friends' blogs mostly for the photos.  So I'll do my best at supplying many.

ANNA'S BAPTISM


 
We baptized five-week old Anna Catherine this past Sunday.  Jill Burkhart and Adam Koehl did a fabulous job in their first roles as her godparents.  The gown she wore could tell quite a story!  Prior to Anna, her older brother Ben, sister Monica, me, her grandpa Koch, and (we believe) her great-grandpa Koch all wore it.  That makes the gown a few months shy of 100 years old!  And besides its detour to central Kentucky for my baptism, it has stayed in Cincinnati.  (My siblings all wore a gown made by my great-grandmother Mary Sutton, which itself has quite a history.)

I'm very happy that we asked our deacon to preside over the baptism.  He's the second-oldest of 11 children, and he has four kids (and many grandkids) himself.  I allowed myself to relax a little more, therefore, when the 10 total kids in attendance began squirming.  By the time we wrapped up, my twins were wrestling on the floor beside the baptismal font.

COLD, RAINY DAY

So, here are the kids just hanging out today.  Ben needed a fruit snack as bribery to pose for my camera.

Anna Catherine

Ben
 
Will

Monica

I subscribed to Amazon Prime today after several years of being off of it.  I'm already singing its praises.  The kids watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown today instead of Sesame Street.  And now Monica's in time-out in her room (she hit Ben) as the boys watch Thomas the Train.  If I can ignore her screaming and tantrums, I can pretend like I have a quiet house!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you blogging again! I think my use of commas improves with every post, so keep them coming! :-) Also, I do love the stories and pictures.

    ReplyDelete